Cape Breton University is a place where students receive a world-class education on Canada’s most challenging island. At Cape Breton University, students’ visions are shaped and their interests are honed.
With an ambitious natural environment, dynamic culture and welcoming local communities surrounding CBU, Cape Breton University welcomes more than 5,000 students from over 50 countries around the world.
CBU students can become members of a diverse campus community, and can benefit from opportunities, unique experiences and a safe and supportive learning environment. To enrich the living and learning experience, CBU offers unparalleled support to students to ensure they are prepared to succeed.
Programmes are available in a variety of subject areas and regularly score significantly above national averages in terms of faculty-student interaction and service learning. Fields of study include hospitality and tourism, engineering, supply chain management, business, liberal arts, public administration, science, health and professional programmes.
- Host University: Cape Breton University;
- Host Country: Canada;
- Scholarship Type: Partial Funding;
- Study Level: Undergraduate Level;
- Scholarship Worth: 30,000$;
- Subjects available: All Subjects;
- Eligible Countries: International Students;
- Application Deadline: The Scholarship is open.
Access scholarships are open to undergraduate and international students in all subjects available at Cape Breton University, Canada.
The university is committed to excellence in education and learning. Each successful applicant will receive a scholarship of up to $30,000 to help fund study expenses in Canada.
- No failures in 11th or 12th grade courses;
- GPA is determined based on all 11th grade AC & AD courses and all 12th grade AC & AD courses that have been successfully completed beyond the first semester;
- GPA for international students coming directly from High School will be decided by Cape Breton University;
- ESL conditional biddings need to be in attendance at a CBU English language partner school in order for the scholarship to be honored.
To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must be admitted to the university’s undergraduate programme.
Supporting documents: Candidates must submit transcripts from all schools attended and a copy of their passport.
Admission conditions: Candidates must meet the university’s admission requirements.
- TOEFL results are 550 ( on paper ), 213 ( on computer ) or 80 ( on internet ) : www.ets.org ;
- IELTS Academic (and IELTS Indicator) score of 6.5, with no band below 6.0: www.ielts.org
- CAEL score of 60 (including CAEL Online): www.cael.ca ;
- MELAB score of 85: www.melab.ca
- Pearson PTE (Academic) score of 59: www.pearsonpte.com ;
- CanTEST score of 4.5 (reading and listening), 4.0 (writing);
- Duolingo English test score of 115 for undergraduate programs, degrees and certificates.