The University of Southampton was founded as a research university in Southampton, England. The university traces its origins to the founding of the Hartley Institution in 1862. By 1902, the institution had grown to become Hartley University College, which awarded degrees from the University of London.
On April 29, 1952, the college received its own university designation, which gave it full university status, allowing it to issue degrees independently.
Today, the University of Southampton has some 15,790 undergraduate and 6,925 graduate students, making it one of the largest universities in the southeast for graduate students. The University’s Students’ Union offers a range of academic and social services to students, from participation in the Union’s four facilities, to one of 200 member associations, as well as 80 sporting activities, it manages a sports complex located on the main campus.
The university has seven academic campuses, five of which are in Southampton, one in Winchester and a branch in Malaysia, and offers a variety of courses, each with a number of academic units.
- Host University: University of Southampton;
- Host Country: United Kingdom;
- Study Level: Undergraduate Level;
- Scholarship Type: Partial Funding;
- Scholarship Worth: 3,000 £;
- Eligible Nationalities: International;
- Scholarship Application Deadline: Currently open.
The Undergraduate Merit Scholarship at the University of Southampton is now accessible to international students. This award is for students pursuing one or more of the following undergraduate programs at the University:
Humanities and Arts, Social Sciences, Physical Sciences and Engineering, Environmental and Life Sciences.
A scholarship of £3,000 is awarded to the best applicants to help cover their study costs.
To be admitted, candidates must meet all of the following requirements:
- Be an international student;
- Tuition costs must be covered by the student;
- Have a qualified or non-qualified offer from Southampton;
- Undertake a qualified course;
- Meet the educational conditions;
- Pay all required down payments by the deadline indicated in the offer letter.
Applicants must be accepted into programs in Humanities and Arts, Social Sciences, Physical Sciences and Engineering, Environmental and Life Sciences.