Apply for full-tuition International Excellence Awards at the University of Kansas and support your studies in the United States. These awards are open to international freshmen and transfer students who wish to enter the university’s degree program.
The University of Kansas was established in 1865 as a public research university with five campuses. KU offers hundreds of undergraduate and graduate degree programs. There are many major options as well as different pre-professional programs.
Application Deadline: Open
- University or Organization: University of Kansas
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate degree
- Award: Full tuition waiver
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Limited
- Nationality: International students
- The award can be taken in the USA
- Eligible Countries: Applications from all around the world are accepted
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Undergraduate program is available in any subject offered by the university
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must:
- Must be an international student intending to pursue a degree in the US
- New freshmen and transfer students are eligible to apply
- For KU International Excellence Award, first-year freshmen applicants must have a minimum 3.5-4.0 GPA.
- Students must also be in F or J visa status to be considered.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To be considered, international applicants must apply for admission to study at the University of Kansas. If you are a US citizen or permanent resident, you should apply through the KU Office of Admissions.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must submit the following documents:
- Official SAT or ACT scores (optional)
- Official proof of English proficiency
- Resume or CV describing all your extracurricular activities, leadership, service, and awards
- Choose three activities from your resume/CV and explain how they have been meaningful to you
- A 500-word essay on one of the following topics:
- Your personal and academic goals and how you hope to achieve them at KU
- Your field of study and specialized interests within it
- The ways you intend to use what you learn at KU when you return to your home country
- A topic of your choice (you may submit an essay you used for another application)
- Two letters of recommendation
- Language Requirement: Before you apply for the first time, make sure you know what English proficiency required to take admission at the university.
The University of Kansas provides a full tuition waiver valued at $100,000+ ($25,000+/year) to the selected number of students for undergraduate study.