The University of Winnipeg is a 53-year-old chartered university located in Winnipeg, Manitoba. The university is best known for its reputation for high academic quality, its commitment to the environment and the diversity of its campuses. In addition, Manitoba has been selected as one of the top three cities in Canada to live in by MoneySense magazine.
With approximately 10,000 students, 12% of whom are international students from more than 75 countries, the university is educating tomorrow’s global leaders. Students studying at the university have a low student-teacher ratio and receive early practical experience in work and research. The university is very affordable and offers its students the third lowest tuition fees in Canada.
The campus is a combination of traditional and modern, environmentally friendly design, and was one of the first universities in Canada to introduce a ban on the sale of bottled water. The dynamic downtown campus location, which includes open green spaces and pedestrian walkways, helps students enhance their education while taking advantage of the diverse commercial, artistic and cultural offerings within walking distance of campus. There are many exciting opportunities for graduates, with the city’s main industrial fields: financial services, aerospace, manufacturing and biotechnology.
- Host University: University of Winnipeg;
- Host Country: Canada;
- Scholarship Type: Partial Funding;
- Study Level: Bachelor and Master’s Level;
- Scholarship Worth: 5,000$;
- Subjects available: All Subjects;
- Eligible Countries: International Students;
- Application Deadline: June 01, 2021.
The Winnipeg President’s Global Leaders Scholarships are open to undergraduate, masters and international students in all subjects, available at the University of Winnipeg, Canada.
The University of Winnipeg President’s Global Leaders Scholarship is offered to international students enrolling for the first time in one of the University’s departments. Candidates must achieve at least an admission average of 80% or its equivalent and must participate in activities that demonstrate leadership.
Scholarship Benefits: The President’s Global Leaders Scholarships at the University of Winnipeg will award an award valued at $5,000 to all eligible students.
All applicants must respect the following criteria in order to be accepted in this Scholarship:
- Applicants are required to achieve at least an 80% admission average or equivalent;
- Applicants should Be an international student;
- Applicants need to be in their first year of a program;
- Applicants must be able to show excellent leadership abilities;
- Students need to complete an application for admission by the scholarship deadline.
Candidates must properly submit an application to the University of Winnipeg and the required supporting documents by the scholarship deadline, which is June 1 each year.
Be sure to check the official website (link below) for more information on the application process for this scholarship.