The University of York offers the Global Leader of Tomorrow Scholarships and the International Entrance Scholarships of Distinction specifically for international students wishing to study full-time at the University of York.
York University in Ontario, Canada
Field of Study:
Any undergraduate degree program commencing in the fall 2020 semester and belonging to the following faculties: Arts, Media, Performance & Design; Environmental Studies; Education; Glendon; Health; Lassonde School of Engineering; Liberal Arts & Professional Studies; Science; or the Schulich School of Business.
Number of Awards:
Global Leader of Tomorrow Award: 2
International Entrance Scholarships of Distinction: 2
Scholarship Value/Inclusive Benefits:
Global Leader of Tomorrow Award: $80,000 ($20,000 per year for 4 years)
International Entrance Scholarship of Distinction: $140,000 ($35,000 per year for 4 years)
All of the above scholarships are renewable for three years of full-time study, subject to good academic performance in each year of study.
To be eligible for the Major International Scholarships, you must meet ALL of the following criteria:
– You must be an international student who requires a study permit to study in Canada.
– You must have applied to an undergraduate degree program at York that begins in the fall of 2021.
– You must apply directly from high school in York and have not studied at a university or college more than two years after graduation.
– They must have excellent academic records with a minimum average of “A” or equivalent
– Must have demonstrated leadership qualities through community service or outstanding achievement in the arts, sports or other fields
– Must be nominated by their high school (schools can only nominate one student)
(i) The nominated student will be considered for the International Entrance Scholarship of Distinction, the Global Leader of Tomorrow Award, the International Circle of Scholars Scholarships and the York University Academic Excellence Scholarships.
(ii) The candidate must speak with the guidance counselor, headmaster, or head of their school about applying for the York International Student Scholarship & Award and confirm that they are the person nominated by that school.
(iii) The candidate must then provide the nominator’s name, position, email address and telephone number on the application form.
– Must upload a letter of recommendation
– Must ensure that all required documents are shown as “received” in the York application (MyFile) by 11:59:59 pm (Eastern Time) on 1 February 2021.
– Must complete and submit the online International Student Scholarship application by 11:59:59 p.m. (Eastern Time) on February 1, 2021.
2021-2022 applications are currently closed.
To apply, you must complete the online International Student Scholarship Application Form. You will need a 9-digit York reference number, which you will receive within 5 working days of sending your application to York. You must submit your application to York no later than 15 January 2021. The deadline for applications is 1 February 2021.
Be sure to visit the official website (link below) to access the application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: http://futurestudents.yorku.ca/funding#intl